The Oregon Gran Fondo« Back to Events
- The Oregon Gran Fondo
- June 2, 2012 6:00 am
- June 2, 2012 7:00 pm
- Gran/Medio: $65 individuals; $60 tandem; teams of 5-9 10% discount. Piccolo: Adults $30; children $5; children in trailer free
- 541-505-6060 ext. 702
About The Oregon Gran Fondo
Join Co-Motion Cycles and Rolf Prima for The Oregon Gran Fondo on the weekend of June 2nd. Start/Finish at Bohemia Park in historic downtown Cottage Grove. This is an OBRA-sanctioned, timed event with a police-escorted, neutral, mass start. Come with your friends or with your clubs or teams. Competitive and non-competitive options. Take the Challenge!
The gran (117 mile) and medio (71 mile) routes head west from Cottage Grove to the village of Lorane and from there continue west deep into the Siuslaw and Smith River watersheds. Ancient forests, low traffic rural and forest roads, hills, rivers, vistas, more hills, good eats, and more. And at the 27-mile point you get to vie for the King/Queen of the Hill on a five-mile, timed hill climb (only if you want it!). And for those who want a family experience or just a little more laid back day, the piccolo course takes you out the Row River National Scenic Trail, a paved (rails to trails program) closed course from Bohemia Park to Dorena Lake (and points in between). Awesome aid stations on all courses.
On Friday, 6/1 - Free camping opens at Bohemia Park; participate in factory tours at Rolf Prima and Co-Motion Cycles in Eugene (packet pickup available during factory tours); and sign up for a private dinner and discussions with Rolf Prima and Co-Motion owners (additional charge). On Saturday, 6/2, Start the day with a charity pancake feed at Bohemia Park and begin the ride at 8am. When you return to town visit the event Expo at Bohemia Park, get your free post-ride meal and beverage at the Oakshire Brewing-sponsored Beer Garden and listen to music in the park. If you want to stay on another day, on Sunday, 6/3, partake in a more leisurely charity breakfast and then cycle to any number of nearby Cottage Grove highlights, from Covered Bridges to the Row River National Scenic Trail, to historic downtown Cottage Grove.
Register at www.theoregongranfondo.com. Here’s what your entry fee gets you:
- Awesome “The Oregon Gran Fondo” Tech T-shirt (guaranteed only if registered by May 14th)
- Free camping at Bohemia Park in Cottage Grove
- Event-rate packages at local Cottage Grove hotels
- Well-stocked aid stations with food, water and Hammer Nutrition products
- Sag wagons and mechanical support
- Post-ride food and refreshments (and beer garden!)
- Chip timing with overall results and age category results
- Raffle ticket towards awesome prizes from our sponsors
Registration will close on May 27th. No day-of-event registration will be available. See you at the Oregon Gran Fondo!
Last Updated: April 4, 2012