April 24, 2012
Join Clay from the Vancouver Bike Club and friends for a leisurely group ride. Depending on the weather and the group, we may stop for coffee, may do a few more hills, or may go only 10 miles. Who knows? Come ride with Clay – it will be enjoyable. There is a lunch stop every third Tuesday of the month, with riders’ choice on where to go and what to eat.
A nice leisurely group ride. No fixed route, just follow the ride leader, as he makes it up as he goes along. Depending on the weather and the group, there may be a stop for coffee, or may do a few more hills, or may go only 10 miles. Who knows? It is always enjoyable.
Tune your own bicycle! This four-week course includes 3- 4 hour, hands-on classes meeting once a week in the afternoons or evenings. Each Tune-up class has a two student maximum. What makes our classes exceptional is our commitment to individualized learning. We want you to recieve the highest quality, personalized learning experience possible. Classes cover:
- Basic bike maintenance (including flat changes and on-the-road fixes)
- Brake adjustments, pad replacement and changing cables and housing
- Derailleur adjustments, shifting, and cable replacement
- Hubs and bearing overhauls, drivetrains and chains
- Bottom bracket and headset adjustments
- Wheel truing and review