Fostering the Next Generation
You’re a bike fanatic who now has kids. How do you ensure your kid will love biking as much as you do? After all, you’ve got a biker’s duty to raise the next generation of cyclists.
- Keep it fun and easy. Snacks en route go a long way.
- Consult with other parents. There are plenty of enthusiastic cycling families in Oregon.
- Plan ahead, be over prepared and have an exit strategy if things just aren’t working out.
- When it comes time for the little one to break out on her own, try a scoot bike (no pedals), which is a natural way to learn to balance.
- Stay in control and ride on low-traffic streets. Model safe cycling behavior at all times.
- Maintain a great attitude and your new riding buddy will lear to, also.
- Check our rides like Kidical Mass, which offer a chance for families to ride together.