The brand new BTA BikeSwap is an opportunity for families, new cyclists and experienced riders to buy and sell their cycling gear as part of the PDX Bicycle Showon March 23 and 24.
BikeSwap, a partnership between the Community Cycling Center and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance, is expected to include thousands of cycling-related items like bikes, trailers, tools, parts, and accessories at bargain prices. A portion of the proceeds will help these two non-profit organizations create healthy, sustainable communities by making cycling safe, convenient and accessible for all.
- Buyers can view items online prior to the sale [click here]
- The first two hours of BikeSwap is reserved for BTA Members which will allow them first choice on BikeSwap items. BTA memberships will be available at the show and include discounts to nearly 100 businesses, restaurants and bike shops throughout Oregon. VIP Shopping Hours for BTA members are Saturday March 23 from 10:00am until noon.
- The final two hours will feature a Gambler’s Sale with any remaining gear and bicycles at 30% off their already-low, bargain basement price.
- Gambler’s Sale hours will be Sunday March 24 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Any items that are unsold will be donated to the Community Cycling Center whose mission focuses on broadening access to bicycling and its benefits.
- Make a tax-deductible charitable contribution by donating gear. Gear can be dropped off at numerous locations or can be picked up by the BTA.
- Consign your gear, BikeSwap will work to sell it and will split the proceeds with you.
- Purchase a table for the show and sell it yourself.
For more information, including details on how to donate, consign or sell your gear, see the Pedal Nation website.