Saturday October 6 is Take a Kid Mt. Biking Day. Northwest Trail Alliance and event partners are hosting a free event for young riders and their families at Stub Stewart State Park mountain biking trails in celebration of the day, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association. Riders of all skill levels are welcome and as of posting time, 85 people have signed up to be involved. Hillsboro Parks & Recreation is providing free mt. bike rentals day of event. There will be a freeride skills demonstration hosted in the freeride area. Register in advance for a free lunch.
Here’s everything you need to know:
- Register: online form to reserve slot in group and for lunch – provided by Bike Gallery.
- Fill out Minor waiver form (bring with to event)
- Meeting place is Hilltop Day Use Parking area at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park
- Rider check-in begins 9:30am. (Free bike inspections and minor tune-ups provided by Bike Gallery mechanics and volunteers prior to ride. Come early for this.)
- Ride Start time is 11am – lead by volunteer National Mt. Bike Patrol riders
- Parents are welcome to ride, too.
- Free Lunch is served 12:30pm at Cabin Village meeting hall (near Hilltop Day Use area)
- VIEW THE TRAIL >>
Lunch is served in the Cabin Village meeting hall where the fireplace will be roaring (if it’s chilly out) and NWTA will show movies, Also, NWTA’s ST240 single track digging machine will be staged out in mt bike area on project site where Intermediate group riders will have chance to see demo of trail digging machine in action.
This event happens rain or shine.